Student Financial Wellness Survey
The Student Financial Wellness Survey (SFWS) seeks to document the financial well-being and student success outcomes of post-secondary students across the nation. This self-reported, online survey of students is 100% free for institutions to use. By providing a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness between student success and financial strain, the SFWS has the potential to:
- Inform college success and financial support programming at institutions.
- Provide institutional reports on the financial wellness of the student body and key campus climate metrics.
- Use institutional data to provide context to student responses and inform campus policy.
- Create a nationally-recognized data set around student finances that aligns with the needs of post-secondary institutions, state and federal governments, as well as nonprofit entities.
What will your institution receive?
- An institutional report of findings from the SFWS, including student perceptions of their institution and analysis of results by student characteristics and key institutional data points.
- An aggregate report of findings from the SFWS allowing institutions to compare to the broader data set.
- Consultation on interpretation of survey findings and access to best practices related to institutional success.
The survey includes questions on:
Attitudes on debt
Public assistance usage
Paying for college