1. Scrivener, S. Weiss, M., et. al. (2015). Doubling Graduation Rates: Three-Year effects of CUNY’s Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) for Developmental Education Students. https://www.mdrc.org/publication/doubling-graduation-rates. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
2. Elliott, Mark, and Roder, Anne. (2017). Escalating gains: Project QUEST’s sectoral strategy pays off.
https://economicmobilitycorp.org/escalating-gains-project-quests-sectoral-strategy-pays-off/. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
3. Lauren Walizer. (December 2018). When Financial Aid Falls Short. CLASP. https://www.clasp.org/sites/default/files/publications/2018/12/2018whenfinancialaidfallsshort.pdf. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
4. Bresciani, M. & Carson, L. (2002). A Study of Undergraduate Persistence by Unmet Need and Percentage of Gift Aid. NASPA Journal, Vol 40, no. 1. https://www.uccs.edu/Documents/retention/2002%20Study%20of%20
Undergraduate%20Persistence%20by%20Unmet%20Need%20and%20Percent.pdf. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
5. Mangan, Katherine & Schmalz, Julia. (April 3, 2019). A Culture of Caring: Amarillo College’s ‘No Excuses’ program for low-income students has made it a national model. The Chronicle of Higher Education. https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/20190403-amarillo. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
6. Johnson, J., Rochkind, J., Ott, A., & DuPont, S. 2009. With Their Whole Lives Ahead of Them. Public Agenda.
https://www.publicagenda.org/files/theirwholelivesaheadofthem.pdf. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
7. American College Health Association. 2017. National college health assessment: Spring 2017 reference group data report. Hanover, MD: American College Health Association. https://www.acha.org/NCHA/ACHA-NCHA_Data/Publications_and_Reports/NCHA/Data/Publications_and_Reports.aspx?hkey=d5fb767c-d15d-4efc-8c41-3546d92032c5. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
8. Trellis Company. Delivering Emergency Aid Services during COVID-19. https://www.trelliscompany.org/portfolio-items/delivering-emergency-aid-services-during-covid-19/. Retrieved on 5/21/20.
9. Eisenberg-Guyot, J., Firth, C., Klawitter, M., & Hajat, A. (March 2018). From Payday Loans to Pawnshops: Fringe Banking, The Unbanked, And Health. Health Affairs Vol. 37, No. 3: Advancing Health Equity, pgs. 429-437.
10. Austin Community College’s Rainy Day Savings Program. http://sites.austincc.edu/money/about-the-rainy-day-savings-program/. Retrieve on 5/20/2020.
11. Gladieux, L., & Perna, L. (2005). Borrowers Who Drop Out: A Neglected Aspect of the College Student Loan Trend. The National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education.
12. Fletcher, C., Webster, J., Klepfer, K., & Fernandez, C. (2015). Above and Beyond: What eight colleges are doing to improve student loan counseling. TG Research. Retrieved from: http://www.tgslc.org/research/. Retrieved 5/20/2020.
13. An auto title loan is a type of loan that is secured by the borrower using the title of their vehicle as collateral. Borrowers typically surrender the hard copy of the vehicle title temporarily. These loans tend to have high interest.
14. United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). (2017). Definitions of food security. https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/definitions-of-food-security/. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
15. Goldrick-Rab, S., Richardson, J., & Kinsley, P. (2017). Guide to Assessing Basic Needs Insecurity in Higher Education. Wisconsin HOPE Lab. https://hope4college.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Basic-Needs-Insecurity-College-Students.pdf. Retrieved 4/21/2020.
16. U.S. Government Accountability Office. (2018). Food insecurity: Better information could help eligible college students access federal food assistance benefits. GAO Report. https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/696254.pdf. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
17. Cara Crowley. ARC Blog: Creating a Campus Culture of Caring. Amarillo College ARC Blog. https://www.studentarc.org/insights/blog/creating-a-campus-culture-of-caring. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
18. NPR All Things Considered. (January 6, 2019). College Program Offers Resources for Homeless Students. National Public Radio. https://www.npr.org/2019/01/06/682714980/college-program-offers-resources-for-homeless-students. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
19. Cody Sexton. (October 28, 2018). Foundation, church partner to install tiny houses for homeless college students. My Edmond News. https://myedmondsnews.com/2018/10/foundation-church-partner-to-install-tiny-houses-for-homeless-college-students. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
20. Scott Jaschik. (February 1, 2019). Massachusetts Pilot Will House Homeless Students. Inside Higher Ed. https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2019/02/01/massachusetts-pilot-will-house-homeless-students?utm_content=buffer003bb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=IHEbuffer. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
21. Jamaal Abdul-Alim. (April 27, 2016). Food Assistance Put on Table for Low-Income Students. Diverse Issues in Higher Education. https://diverseeducation.com/article/83705. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
22. Tinto, Vincent. From Retention to Persistence. Inside Higher Ed. Published on September 26, 2016. https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2016/09/26/how-improve-student-persistence-and-completion-essay. Retrieved on 1/1/2018. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
23. Ribera, A. K. & Miller, A. L. & Dumford, A. D. (2017). Sense of Peer Belonging and Institutional Acceptance in the First Year: The Role of High-Impact Practices. Journal of College Student Development 58(4), 545-563. Johns Hopkins University Press. Retrieved on February 21, 2018, from Project MUSE database.
24. Educause Library. Open Educational Resources (OER). Educause. https://library.educause.edu/topics/teaching-and-learning/open-educational-resources-oer. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
25. Jaggars, S., Rivera, M., & Akani, B. (March 2019). College Textbook Affordability: Landscape, Evidence, and Policy Directions. Midwestern Higher Education Compact. https://www.mhec.org/sites/default/files/resources/mhec_affordability_series10.pdf. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
26. Hyken, Shep. How Effective Is Net Promoter Score (NPS)? Forbes Magazine. Published on December 3, 2016. https://www.forbes.com/sites/shephyken/2016/12/03/how-effective-is-net-promoter-score-nps/#253a33123e4c. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
27. Boatman, Angela, Evans, Brent J., & Soliz, Adela. (January 2017). Understanding Loan Aversion in Education: Evidence from High School Seniors, Community College Students, and Adults. AERA Open. https://doi.org/10.1177/2332858416683649. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.
28. Lusardi, Annamaria. (2008). Financial Literacy: An Essential Tool for Informed Consumer Choice. Dartmouth College, Harvard Business School, and NBER. http://www.dartmouth.edu/~alusardi/Papers/Lusardi_Informed_Consumer.pdf. Retrieved on 4/21/2020.