Who is Trellis Company?
Trellis Company is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation with the dual mission of helping student borrowers successfully repay their education loans and promoting access and success in higher education.
We have a nearly 40-year successful track record as a student loan guarantor, delivering positive outcomes for student borrowers. Since inception, we have guaranteed over $74 billion in loans to more than 4 million student borrowers and their parents.
Our strong philanthropic heritage of giving through grants to colleges, universities, and research groups remains focused on improving student outcomes, especially to underserved students, families, and institutions.
As we move into the future, we’re drawing on our history, branching into new sectors beyond student loans, and delivering the same level of exceptional care and service that our customers have come to depend on. We remain invested in the success of students and higher education institutions.
More About Us
- Take personal Responsibility
- Treat people with Respect
- Demonstrate unquestionable Integrity
- Be of Service to others
- Commit to Excellence
Brand promises are important reminders of the company we are striving to be. They also serve as a commitment to our customers that we will always listen to their needs, value their input, and support their success.
- Renard Johnson | Interim President & CEO
- Greg Dickenson | General Counsel & Compliance Officer
- Bryan Ashton | Vice President, Community Investment & Government Affairs
- Keith Eckelkamp | Vice President & Controller
- Donna Fritz | Vice President, Marketing & Communications
- Linda Hackleman | Vice President, Human Resources
- Susan High | Vice President, Operations
- Jim Zimmerman | Vice President, Information Technology
Board of Directors
- Mr. Edward Escudero (Chair)
- Dr. Richard M. Rhodes (Vice Chair)
- Mr. Ivan A. Andarza
- Ms. Yvonne Batts
- Mr. Dennis Moroney
- Ms. Dora Ann Verde
- Mr. Welcome Wilson, Jr.