COVID-19 Prevention Tips and Best Practices
We all have a part to play in keeping ourselves and our communities healthy. COVID-19 can spread rapidly if we aren’t careful. To slow the spread and stay healthy, make sure to do the following:
- Listen to and follow the directions of your state and local authorities.
- Stay home if you feel sick. Do not go to work or, if you’re a student, class. Go home if you begin feeling sick during the day. The major symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, persistent cough, and shortness of breath.
- Contact your medical provider if you feel sick. If someone in your household feels sick, make sure he or she receives medical attention.
- Stay home and contact your medical provider if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or if a member of your household has tested positive for it.
- If you are an older person or a person with serious lung and/or heart conditions, stay home and keep your distance from others.
Some other best practices for healthy interactions include:
- Avoid physical contact with others, such as shaking hands when meeting.
- Practice social distancing and keep about 6 feet between yourself and others when interacting (learn more about social distancing in this short video by our public service website, AIE).
- Sanitize your living space with disinfecting products often.
- Always cover your cough or sneeze, either with a tissue or your arm.
- Wash your hands often, scrubbing thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Cancel all non-emergency meetings, in-person services, and travel.
It takes all of us to contain the spread. By following the tips above, you can do your part to protect yourself and those around you.
Thank you, and stay safe!