Loan Counseling Studies
Beginning in 2013, Trellis Company conducted studies on federal student loan counseling in collaboration with the National Association of Financial Assistance Administrators and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Trellis has since shared its results—that students were making life-altering decisions with minimal information during a time of maximum distraction—with the U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Treasury Department, Financial Literacy and Education Commission, and numerous higher education groups and legislative committees.
- Engaging Student Borrowers: Results Of A Survey Of Financial Aid Professionals [available now]
- Effective Counseling, Empowered Borrowers: An Evidence-Based Policy Agenda For Informed Student Loan Borrowing And Repayment [available now]
- Above And Beyond: What Eight Colleges Are Doing To Improve Student Loan Counseling [available now]
- A Time To Every Purpose: Understanding And Improving The Borrower Experience With Online Student Loan Entrance Counseling [available now]
- From Passive To Proactive: Understanding And Improving The Borrower Experience With Online Student Loan Exit Counseling [available now]
- Informed Or Overwhelmed? A Legislative History Of Student Loan Counseling With A Literature Review On The Efficacy Of Loan Counseling [available now]
For more information, or to automatically receive published results, contact Trellis Research.